- The USDA is paying dead farmers $1.1 billion!
For 1999 through 2005, USDA paid $1.1 billion in farm payments in the names of 172,801 deceased individuals (either as an individual recipient or as a member of an entity). Of this total, 40 percent went to those who had been dead for 3 or more years, and 19 percent to those dead for 7 or more years.
- The Farm Bill is up for House vote today. It will reach the Senate in September.
- This is just strange. And funny. Airport security seized a “dense clay-like substance” – a block of cheese!
- This makes me embarassed to live in California. Obesity is in a never-ending downward spiral.
- Another nutritious bar reaching the market. Vegan, organic, and raw! No wonder it’s named he Raw Organic Food Bar.
- Killer whales are the most poluted European arctic mammal. Just more proof that the animal rights movement and the environmental sustainability movement are interconnected beyond belief.
Category Archives: USDA